Delivery Forecast - Week 30 Update

Delivery Forecast - Week 30 Update

Hello everyone 👋

Please find the 30th instalment of our weekly update below. 

Week Ending 10/09/2021 (Friday)

Logo Mills - My commitment last week was to have the first batch of pre-orders with logos ready for collection by Monday 13th of September. But, I was advising recent purchasers that I will ship their orders by 20/09, to give me some time to re-organise the workshop and continue assembling products.

As it stands, I am mid-way through assembling orders placed from when we started up until around June 2021 - Once they are fully assembled this evening, I will start packing and creating deliveries ready to ship tomorrow morning. When I create the delivery, you will receive either a text message or email with confirmation and the tracking information. 

Sadly, I've had to reject around 50% of the painted castings due to paint issues around the logos (see attached image).

It's very frustrating because with this batch, I thought I'd taken all of the right precautions by running two sets of trials - I was confident with the painting process.

I haven't had an opportunity to speak with the paint company yet, but I know these castings are salvageable. Unfortunately, repairing them will add a few extra weeks onto the lead time. 

I believe that we'll be able to bung the holes in the castings and remove the exterior coating either chemically or by grit blasting it ready for a fresh coat of paint. 

It looks like they know what has happened as the issue mainly affected the anthracite, oyster and onyx mills - which were painted first. The purple, pigeon and coral mills had very few issues which makes me think they corrected the issue as their experience on the job progressed.

I have updated the chart and added two weeks to my forecast to repair the mills which didn't make the cut. I am confident this will be ample time to repair the surface issues and re-coat the exterior surfaces. 

I am going to say the remaining orders not shipped today will be assembled and shipped by 04/10.

Packaging Tubes - I was due to receive the new style packaging tubes by 10/09, sadly they didn't materialise, but I have been sent confirmation that they will be delivered on Monday. 

If you would like to wait an extra day or two to receive the new style packaging, please email me (unless you already have specified your preference) at Otherwise, I will assume you'd rather receive your order ASAP in the original packaging I had made up. 

Follow On Mills - The next batch of castings have all been turned and milled, they'e now queuing to have the logos added to them, these are due to be delivered to paint by the end of this week. 

Having these in the pipeline gives me absolute confidence that all of the outstanding pre-orders will be fulfilled by 22/10 even if the worst was to happen with the batch which are being returned for re-work. 

I'd like to apologise for those of you who've mentioned specific dates they wished to receive their mills by. If the revised dates don't work for you, please contact me and we can arrange a refund in full. 

Thank you again for reading,



Week 30 Update

Iron-Mills Castings being machined