Hello everyone 👋
Please find the twenty-fifth instalment of our weekly update below.
Week Ending 06/08/2021 (Friday)
No Logo Mills - "All parts received on Friday" or so I thought. The last part of the assembly is the rubber stopper bung. I opened my delivery of bungs (received a while back) and to my dismay I found the supplier had sent an alternative part that doesn’t quite fit. I have a handful of orders left to fulfil and have got in touch with everyone affected. The company are aiming to have the replacements with me by Wednesday 11/08. You couldn't make it up sometimes!
Logo Mills - I have no update on the logo mills. I checked in with the machine shop on Friday and they didn't raise any issues or concerns about the previously committed delivery date of 13/08.
Same story - Once they are machined the paint shop will need a week and a half to two weeks to get them coated as there are two processes, inside and out.
It will then just be a case of assembling, packing and dispatching - which by now is becoming quite slick. Estimated delivery week 03/09-10/09.
* I forgot to share with you the image of the trial casting in black, see below!
Mill Rests - The parts I'm waiting for have been shipped but not received yet. As soon as they're with me I will get straight on assembling them ready to send.
If you have ordered a mill rest I will ship your mills first and I'll send your mill rest out separately to prevent further delays. Expected delivery to customer date 20/08.
Packaging - Sadly I received a message saying the ship has been delayed by port congestion and they're now expecting the shipment to land on 29/08. I haven't amended the plan as I built in two weeks for unloading and freight forwarding which I think will absorb this.
Follow On Delivery - I have now included the next batch of castings on Gantt chart. Not all of the casting I have around me are sold yet so this doesn't apply to anyone on this circulation this week, but we're getting very close to that point now.
Thanks for reading again,